Old June 10th 16, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default GPS Interference Testing

Wild hypothetical, what if GPS gaming is going on durning a contest and some or all contestants lose part of the logging of points on course? Years ago I was denied a Diamond distance/goal because of about four minutes where the Cambridge logger didn't log. I returned and flew that segment of the flight but was still denied. It was obvious that I could not have landed and taken off again.

Also, does the GPS jamming affect 406 ELT's? What about planes on IFR plans solely using GPS for navigation?