Old December 10th 04, 06:08 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Merlin" wrote in message
oups.com...
The JSF will be very late and very expensive.

Perhaps

The British have not even started to build the Aircraft Carrier
yet that it is supposed to operate from !

The main contractor and supplier has been selected and
the design assessment phase is in progess.

It is a pity that the Harrier was not developed further ?

It was but the limit of the technology has pretty much been reached.

An 'Invincible' Class carrier with Harriers and Osprey AEW is
probably the way to go for the UK ? I don't think we can afford
big carriers anymore?

The ships are no around 25 years old, are too small for the task
allocated and the harrier is obsolescent.

Big Carriers are very vulnerable to the 'Super-Torpedoes' that are
being developed.

But small carriers are vulnerable to aircraft already in service.

The Second World War saw the end of the Battleship the time of the
Super Carrier ending cannot be far away ?

A prediction first made in 1946.

Keith