Old August 13th 20, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Sad news, Lake County glider crash, LAK-17B FES Mini

On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 2:56:29 PM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 1:16:40 PM UTC-4, John Foster wrote:
On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 2:55:07 AM UTC-6, wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/11/u...ion=Obituaries

So sad to loose Matt. Any word yet on what exactly happened? From what I've been able to piece together, it appears the crash happened on take-off or shortly after that, as it seems it was quite close to the airport.

https://maps.findmespot.com/Track?is...#panel-history

Doesn't look like a take off accident.

T8

My condolences to the family and friends! I always enjoyed reading his contributions.
The SSA 'Where to fly' site does not show a soaring operation at this site. How did he get airborne? Is there a local tow plane/pilot available?

Uli
'AS'