Old August 12th 03, 10:40 PM
Craig Prouse

Jim Weir wrote:

Since there are 58 counties in California, and since elections are done by
county, I'd be interested in where the other 22 districts are?

Of COURSE, I'd never challenge a TV reporter's facts {;-)

Elections are administered by counties, but if you think about it, any
individual's ballot is not necessarily the same as every other resident of
the same county. I live in urban Santa Clara County, and more specifically
in Assembly District 22. Other residents of this county may find themselves
in Assembly District 20, 21, 23, or 24. They would have different ballots
than I have.

I think you're in AD 3, which being more rural includes Nevada County and
six other counties. In your county, everyone gets the same ballot, but
that's just because you don't have many people in your county.

http://swdb.berkeley.edu/info/caljou.../assembly.html

I hope you got my buck, and I hope I can find you on the ballot before the
polls close.