Old September 22nd 16, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

Default Dittel radio squelch

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 7:46:27 AM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Sounds reasonable, I guess the next questions are...
-any new devices added?
-any wiring recently moved?
-any devices moved?

I would start with the new stuff, work backward from there.

I ran into problems with an inexpensive DC/DC converter (12v to 5v for USB). Lots of the electronics we use generate noise. The cheap converter broke squelch so badly the radio wasn't usable. Solved the issue by getting a different converter unit.

Good luck,
7Q