Old October 26th 11, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default LX NAV offers new V7 Vario

On Oct 26, 12:50*pm, Tony wrote:
On Oct 26, 2:26*pm, Richard wrote:

On Oct 26, 9:35*am, Greg Arnold wrote:

On 10/26/2011 9:31 AM, Paul Remde wrote:

Hi John,

I sell the LXNAV V7 also. It is a very, very nice variometer. It will
work fantastically with a Nano and Oudie. I have not received my first
batch yet, so I can't give you a first-hand review yet. But I should
receive them very soon. I have played with the very similar V5
variometer a lot.

Yes. The V7 will pass GPS (and FLARM) data through the V7 to any PDA.

Yes. The V7 will add air data (airspeed, variometer, wind, etc.) and
send it to the PDA.

Does the V5 also do this? *If so, what is the difference between the V5
and the V7?

Greg,

The V5 is a vario Module for use with only the LX8000, LX8080 and the
LX9000.
The V7 is a standalone Vario that can be used with other GPS inputs
and provides output to many displays, Ultimate Le, Oudie etc.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

What functionality would the vario add to an existing Oudie/Nano
system?- Hide quoted text -

Tony,

Direct Winds based on the TAS instead of the winds based on the
circling drift in a thermal.

The SeeYou software will be able to customize the vario. Nav boxes
can also be displayed on the Oudie to change the +/- Volume and +/-
Mc settings.

Thanks ,

Richard,