Old May 1st 04, 06:49 AM
Brad Z

Read the message again. Michael noted that he could give an IPC once he got
his CFII.

"Max T, CFI" wrote in message

Michael wrote in message

om...
BoDEAN wrote
Being a CFII will give you the authority to give dual instruction
required for the instrument rating; you ALREADY have the authority to
give dual instruction in IMC.

True, as long as it's not training for an instrument rating per

61.195(a)(3)
So you could take your student pilot into IMC as part of the 3 hours of

instrument training;
just not an instrument student.

Approach this carefully, and don't
start by doing it with an instrument student. Ideally, start by
sitting in the right seat and observing a proficient instrument pilot
in IMC. Then move up to giving instruction in IMC to someone who is
already a proficient instrument pilot, and just needs an aircraft
checkout or IPC. In these situations you can't do much damage.

My recollection is that you need a CFII to give an IPC (or an IGI if you

give
it in a sim). As I recall when I looked it up on Lynch some time ago, a

CFI
cannot give IPC's.
Max T, MCFI