Old February 18th 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hretting

Default Need datalogger help

Responding to ID67, my friend only flys local and OLC is not too
important. I am steering him in that direction because I think he
would enjoy it a great deal (I need more than just myself in the
"Gliding Alligators"). If you would read the opening again, he is not
a fan of PDAs. He just wants to be able to look at his flights and
have navigation info. Also, all these Garmins and the like are
"dataloggers" dropping bread crumbs along the way, and he could care
less about "security" or "approved" as he already has his Diamond
Badge. Question is, can he access the flight log and put it to use.

P3,
your info is great and we are looking in that direction. ?? Does the
GPSMap series provide altitude info. in the download. I may email you
with questions and help.
Thanks to all,