Old October 22nd 04, 12:38 AM
JerryK

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
I've got about 750 Total Time, 50 complex, 100 IFR. Private, IFR,
Commercially rated.

I have no multi time, but am about to go to a school to get it. They
estimate 10-12 hours in my log book when I finish my checkride. So,
in research mode I asked my agent to get me some rates on Senecas and
C310s in the $150-$175K range. She came back and said, even with an
instructor by my side, they won't insure me. Period. So, she asked
them at what hours would they insure me - here's what they gave her
(in the most vague of terms) -

Just a thought, but can you get your ME rating in the type of plane you are
interested in? I have a Cessna 340 and got my ME rating in a Cessna 310.
The insurnace company counted that time as "in type." Between the initial
ME rating, ME Commercial, and some pleasure flying in rentals I had about 75
ME with 35 in the 310 and 10 in the 340. That, and Flight Safety, were
enough to get me coverage in a cabin class twin. I could have easily gotten
insurance in a 310 without the Flight Safety training.

Jerry