Old December 12th 03, 05:33 AM
tony roberts

Since I didn't do any damage to the plane or taxi lights, I did not need
(or feel the need) to report it. My insurance on the Sundowner is $1200
per year after I got a major overhaul (It was 1000.00 per year before my
overhaul).

Good decision. Interesting that your insurance went up 20% AFTER major
overhaul. I guess that there has to be some logic in that - the problem
is in finding it

I did file a NASA form per the overwhelming advice from people, even
though I didn't do anything "wrong".

That's always a safe otion.

After an engine failure AND an electrical fire in 200 hours, I would
probably be looking at doing something safer like BASE jumping

I chalk it up to learning experiences. Though parachuting never really
crossed my mind, as it defies my logic as to jumping from a perfectly
working plane *smile*.

But what if it is on fire or the engine just quit You wouldn't jump?

Almost Instrument

Just starting mine!

It's fun and good training. I don't think that I'll ever use it
intentionally in a 172H - but if I'm ever stuck and it gets me back to
the ground safely then it was a good investment.

Tony
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL