Old March 14th 04, 08:03 PM
C J Campbell

"S Green" wrote in message

The biggest difference that I can see is that the war for American
Independence took place in America.

So what of the native Americans. After all the so called Freedom fighters
were the colonialists. They secured independence and then began a

genocidal
assault on the native Americans.
Perhaps the raiding parties and attacks by the Indians were the natives
trying to secure their rights to live their lives in peace.

Maybe that does not count?

I know of no Americans who excuse what was done to the Indians. However,
your description of what happened is extremely simplistic, ignoring efforts
by European powers to arm the Indians and foment uprising by them.

Are you seriously arguing that Osama bin Laden and his ilk are fighting for
the independence of some country? Or that they are trying to institute
democracy among their people? Are you suggesting that the United States,
Spain, and other countries deserve to be attacked by terrorists?