Old September 12th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Commerical rating question about hours req.

The instrument training required for a PP is control and
maneuvering from a CFI. The Commercial requires instrument
instruction from a CFII.

61.109

(3) 3 hours of flight training in a single-engine airplane
on the control and maneuvering of an airplane solely by
reference to instruments, including straight and level
flight, constant airspeed climbs and descents, turns to a
heading, recovery from unusual flight attitudes, radio
communications, and the use of navigation systems/facilities
and radar services appropriate to instrument flight;

while

61.129

(i) 10 hours of instrument training of which at least 5
hours must be in a single-engine airplane;

So you need a CFII for all 10 hours of the commercial. If
your time was logged so as to comply with 61.129, by an
authorized instructor (instrument instruction requires the
II).

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

"Nik" wrote in message
ups.com...
| Hey guys, quick question about the commercial (VFR) rating
and the
| hours required for it.
| To get your commercial rating you need:
|
| 20 hours of DUAL training to include....
|
| 10 hours of DUAL complex time
| 1 two hour DUAL, DAY, VFR, 100 Nm (straight line distance)
cross
| country
| 1 two hour DUAL, NIGHT, VFR, 100 Nm (straight line
distance) cross
| country
| 10 hours DUAL Instrument
| 250 hours of total time
| 100 hours pilot in command
|
| 50 hours cross country PIC
|
| 10 hours of solo to include....
|
| 1 300 Nm cross country with 3 full stop landings, one of
which is 250
| Nm straight line distance from the point of departure.
| 5 hours of NIGHT SOLO, and in those five :
| 10 take offs and landings at NIGHT SOLO, at an airport
with an
| operating control tower.
|
| Now my questions is: I got a couple of hours (4) of
simulated
| instrument and 2 dual cross country's of 100nm logged that
prepared me
| for my PP, do those hours qualify for the rating or do I
have to do