Old October 20th 03, 12:37 AM
Michael

"Daryl Hunt" wrote in message ...
"Michael" wrote in message
om...
"Daryl Hunt" wrote in message

"David Casey" wrote in message
news On 17 Oct 2003 07:52:17 -0700, Michael wrote:

My vision may be failing now but it was fine when I saw the

squadron of
them
overfly the Dairy I was living at at the time. And they were out

of
Buckley
Air Field outside of Denver. In otherwords, Air National Guard.

According to

http://www.globalsecurity.org/space/...ty/buckley.htm

Buckley was a Naval Air Station from '47 to '59.

Oh now you're just trolling Daryl. ;-)

He stated a fact, Troll. Buckley has been through so many Command

Changes,
the USAF is now the flavor of the month.

Right, but the Navy was the flavor of the month when you supposedly
saw P-38s fying out of there. So what's your next story? The Navy
was flying P-38s?

Are you aware that each one has taken command for Admin reasons? Buckley
didn't change in it's Services represented. It still has a large Navy,
Marine, Army and Airforce representation. Regardless of who's' turn it is
to command it, it's mission for support for the Rocky Mountain Region hasn't
changed in decades. There is even Coast Guard Units. The Aircraft that are
permenently stationed there are Air National Guard as well as Marine and
Army. All that ever changes is the Administrative Command. The Air Force
decided with the loss of Lowry and the Regional Hospital that an expansion
was needed to fill in those gaps. But the Units have not changed nor has
the mission. Check out what Buckley actually does. You may be surprised.

Let's see, looking at the heritage section of

http://www.buckley.af.mil/

it looks like the ANG maintained a presence there through the 50s.
But, it looks like the 120th TFS and 140th Wing flew F-51s when you
say they were supposed to be flying P-38s.

~Michael