Old December 6th 17, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Grillo[_2_]

Default Mobile Aviation Antenna for RV

I want to purchase an antenna to mount on the top of the ladder on my RV. I've been looking at the RAMI AV-3 and AV-7 antenna's. I will have to fabricate some sort of rotating base so that I can swing the antenna down while traveling as well as to remove the cable. The RAMI AV-3 has a 27" whip and needs to be tuned by cutting to length. The AV-7 is 44" in length and is pre-tuned for freqs 118-137.

Any other cheaper options as these RAMI antenna's are expensive. I will also need a cable extension as they only come with 17'.

Anyone with experience in this area and can provide some guidance?

I will be using this on a hand held Yeasu FTA-450L com radio.

Thanks, Don

P.S. if you are looking for a good handheld that will scan freqs the FTA-450L is great. More features than Icom and much cheaper. On sale with a $25 rebate at Sarasota Avionics till the end of Dec.

http://sarasotaavionics.com/avionics/fta450l