Old September 10th 19, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default How much does a lost aircraft logbook effect resale value?

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 3:12:39 AM UTC-6, Charlie Quebec wrote:
I don’t know how you do things in the US, but here in Australia, the yearly inspection paperwork known as a form 2, must be returned to the GFA, and this contains an entry including TTIS hours and launches at each inspection. I would have thought this would be standard practice in a responsible airworthiness regimen.

Since our SSA has nothing to do with airworthiness and inspections, we don't collect anything like that, nor does the FAA. However, some inspectors keep a copy or log of their annual and condition inspections and work done, so it may be possible to reconstruct a reasonable logbook if a glider was in a locality for much of its life to date.

Frank Whiteley