Old September 13th 19, 02:19 AM
Jimmyz Jimmyz is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy LAK17A Canopy Support Tube

I was inspecting/adjusting my canopy this week and discovered that the canopy support tube (main shaft that connects canopy to fuselage in the nose) has a severe crack at the base. I was wondering if anyone is aware of another LAK17A (salvaged) that I might be able to find a replacement tube. I've searched AIG and no luck so far. I'm also considering taking the tube to a welding shop to see if repairable? Any thoughts from other LAK owners?

Thanks!

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	113314  Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 3.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	113315