Old May 30th 05, 03:09 PM
ls

Bryan Martin wrote:
in article , Lakeview Bill at
wrote on 5/25/05 8:43 PM:

The Alaraus is not a Light Sport Aircraft by US standards.

Among other things, it has a gross weight of 1,692 lbs; the LSA maximum is
1,320 lbs for SEL.

And by definition, there cannot be an IFR certified LSA, as they are only
approved for day VFR as an LSA.

Sport PILOTS are prohibited from flying in IFR or at night, there's nothing
in the rules that prohibit an aircraft that otherwise fits the definition of
LSA from being flown in IFR or at night if it is properly equipped.

Actually... and I'm still researching this to be sure... but this might
not be the case. For either the SLSA or ELSA (or both, not sure), there
might be an automatic permanant inclusion of 'day VFR only' in the op
limits mandated by the rule!

Again, I"m not certain of this yet (nothing about SP is really very
certain ), but I think this will be the case..... All the more reason
to go experimental A/B, IMO.......

LS
N646F