Old June 25th 05, 03:48 PM
Warner

Beav,
I did not mean to sound as if I was calling anyone here a liar. I think
YOU are making assumptions that are not there. I also meant to be
comical in regards to my insurance quote. I fly myself, so I have
nothing but respect for my fellow pilots.
I do agree in part with what the other poster said earlier, maybe the
attitudes you convey are part of the reason no one posts here. For this
site to have been around as long as it has and have only a handful of
posters says it all. This is nothing more than a daily diary blog since
there is obviously no more than 2 or 3 that post regularly. Wonder why?
It's nothing more than insults and bragging. Not much to reply to when
the fellow poster braggs about him being a cool dad or tearing a rotor
blade tip off. Or going to the absurd lengths of posting one of our
fellow pilot's full name and address. And then supposed calling his
FBO!!?? (Although I did notice that when the fellow who had his name
posted admitted it was him and challenged "the other Kevin" to tell us
his name the other Kevin wouldn't) These sorts of posts would
immediately be deleted on Vertical/PPrune and so forth. If you think
many pilots enjoy this sort of "professional" conversation then I have
swamp land to sell you.
**Thank you to the ag pilot for his nice responses. I do appreciate
them.**
(Maybe they should change the name of this forum to
rec.aviation."arguing idiots" rotorcraft)...
So long, kiddies.

Beav wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
As a lurker for some time, I am in awe of the ability it must take to
be an ag flyer. I have flown helis for several years but only as a PP.
The gentleman here who professes to be an ag pilot has more than a
little daring in him to perform some of his required feats.
I also "sort of" understand the other guy/gal who posted on another
thread questioning his statements. It didn't need to be taken to the
level of calling the gentleman a liar but the ag flyer's daily quests
were pretty dramatic.

Don't you think YOU'RE giving the impression that Selway's lying? It
certainly comes across like that to me.

And I would hate to have him insured, that's for
sure.

After many thousands of hours doing ag work, I believe he'd be the first in
line if I were an insurer. He's still here after all, and the companies that
insure ag pilots know it's a risky occupation, so they'be looking to insure
experienced pilots with REAL experience.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and kudos to anyone with that talent.

Beav