Old September 1st 05, 07:30 PM

Default TFRs & Rescue Problems

http://www.nola.com/weblogs/nola/ind...09.html#075758

There is a hospital "under siege" by armed gangs and the company which
runs the hospital has apparently tried to charter helicopters to go
take people off the roof but has been unable to get clearance from the
FAA to enter the TFR area.

Personally, I think I'd tell them "Here's what I'm doing, call traffic
for me, and you can violate me when I'm done saving people."

I'm all for maintaining control but when you have a desperate situation
on your hands, I'm willing to place my trust in individuals to do their
best. Americans are very good at self-organizing.

-cwk.