Old August 26th 11, 09:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Claffey

Default Best PDA/PNA for FLARM display?

XCSoar for Altair shows Flarm really well, not sure if XCSoar on a PDA does
as well.
Tom

At 15:24 24 August 2011, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Frank,

SeeYou Mobile and your ClearNav can currently display FLARM traffic and
climb rates, etc.

I'm not aware of any soaring software or hardware that can currently
display
the ADS-B or transponder traffic data from the PowerFLARM. I'm not

certain

whether or not the PowerFLARM will send ADS-B and transponder traffic data

out. I am optimistic that it will do so in the long run. I'm also
optimistic that soaring software will be able to display the ADS-B and
transponder traffic data in the long run. Until then, I highly recommend

using a PowerFLARM display in your cockpit. It would be a shame if the
PowerFLARM was trying to alert you to nearby ADS-B or transponder traffic

and you weren't listening.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Frank Paynter" wrote in message
I flew with a portable PowerFLARM at the Uvalde pre-worlds, and I have
a 'brick' unit on order for delivery sometime this fall/winter. As I
wait for delivery, I am contemplating how to integrate it into my
current instrumentation setup.

One possibility I am considering is to not use the brick's Butterfly
display at all, assuming I can get adequate display/warnings from
FLARM data displayed on one of the many PDA/PNA moving map displays
available these days.

Does anyone have experience with FLARM display on WinPilot PRO v9,
SeeYou Mobile on an Oudie or other display, ClearNav, or other? Is
the integrated display good enough to replace the Butterfly display?

TIA,

TA