Old January 13th 05, 08:11 PM
Dudley Henriques

wrote in message
ups.com...
Dudley
Extra speed DOWNWIND is fine if you want to blow the pattern out of
shape for everyone else! Not every one has your immense experience and
wisdom.

I don't think you need any special wisdom or even my experience to know
that you can carry extra airspeed on downwind WITHOUT blowing the
pattern for everyone else. I would assume that every fairly good pilot
knows this.
Naturally, if traffic dictates, you would fly whatever airspeed that
traffic calls for. Your assumption that I, or anyone else wouldn't know
enough to do this, or fly a higher airspeed that conflicts with traffic
is a bad stretch old boy!
Now calm yourself on down, and if you want to discuss extra airspeed on
downwind, come on back in nicely and we'll discuss it like good little
boys. If not, go play elsewhere.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/CFI Retired
for private email; make necessary changes between ( )
dhenriques(at)(delete all this)earthlink(dot)net