Old April 24th 05, 02:58 AM
Dude

"private" wrote in message
newsDE9e.1086442$8l.623457@pd7tw1no...
I have often heard (from people in the business) that a good opening offer
for what

What business? Anyone telling you that its this simple is either stupid or
leading you on.

(well) used aircraft (particularly light twins) are worth (wholesale?)

Sort of depends on the airframe and what you mean by "well used"

Total of the core value + time remaining on the engine(s) and prop(s) +
value of avionics and radios or other easily removable equipment.

airframe minimal or none

This is where you are going wrong. Some models are near worthless hulls as
they close on airframe life or just get up there in hours while others are
not. If you were selling, I would be happy to give you double this formula
on some models.

I think that small hobby aircraft seem to add a (sometimes large) premium
for very shiney or special.

Yes, and they get it often. Lots of idiots buy the paint and interior.
Others pay a premium because they want a particular air frame. Some air
frames are valuable for the air frame parts (Beech for instance).

If you try to buy a plane for yourself with this formula, you will likely be
buying a lousy plane. The ability to cash out of it or even make a profit
will not be of value if the plane kills you.

Please comment

Blue skies to all