Old November 19th 05, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Young Eagles/Compensation

As secretary and treasurer of an EAA Chapter, I would be uncomfortable
with reimbursement to aviators. And if you are just reimbursing renters
that wouldn't be fair to owners. They incur probably more of an expense
in flying Young Eagles than renters.

I have flown many Young Eagles over the years in my own Cherokee 180 and
fortune, but nobody is twisting my arm.

My reward for flying Young Eagles is my passion of flying and sharing
the experience with kids. Especially when they grab the yoke and
realize that flying is FUN!

Nick
PA28-180

Kyle Boatright wrote:
The board for my EAA chapter has just adopted a policy where the chapter
reimburses chapter members up to $75 of their rental aircraft expenses for
giving Young Eagle rides.

Aside from the issue that I'm not particularly comforable with the idea of
where the chapter's hard earned money is going, I don't think it is a fit
with the FAR's either. Yep, I've read the FAR's to research this topic, and
can't find a exception where this would be allowed for private
(non-commercial) pilots.

Have I missed something?