Old February 22nd 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

Default 1952 newsreel- latest futuristic and experimental aircraft

On Feb 23, 4:55*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
William Hung wrote in news:0863c542-d316-41d4-96c4-
:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZMJOS2VWaPU

I poste this video in RAH, thn thought some in RAP might find it
iteresing. *That second plane looks a lot like the bumblebee, maybe
even smaller. *Would any of you fly it?

That's Ray Stits' Skybaby. It's in the EAA museum AFAIK. I think it still
holds the smallest airplane ( wingspan) record. there were a few
homebuilders that got involved in a ****ing contest for the smallest around
that time.
He said it was a handful to fly. You can see that on the takeoff. One of
the biggest problems it had was the ASI didn;'t work worth a damn because
it wasn't possible to get the pitot far enough away from the prop wash..

Hey Bertie why didn't you build one of these:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TDmnjwbJrVM

Cheers