Old February 22nd 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default 1952 newsreel- latest futuristic and experimental aircraft

WingFlaps wrote in
:

On Feb 23, 4:55*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
William Hung wrote in
:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZMJOS2VWaPU

I poste this video in RAH, thn thought some in RAP might find it
iteresing. *That second plane looks a lot like the bumblebee, maybe
even smaller. *Would any of you fly it?

That's Ray Stits' Skybaby. It's in the EAA museum AFAIK. I think it
still holds the smallest airplane ( wingspan) record. there were a
few homebuilders that got involved in a ****ing contest for the
smallest aroun

that time.
He said it was a handful to fly. You can see that on the takeoff. One
of the biggest problems it had was the ASI didn;'t work worth a damn
because it wasn't possible to get the pitot far enough away from the
prop wash..

Hey Bertie why didn't you build one of these:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TDmnjwbJrVM

Saw the first one at OSH many years ago. Pretty cool machine. There's at
least one that flew with two model airplane jet engines! There's another
youtube clip somewhere of one doing some low level aerobatics.