Old September 9th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Emfo vs. Jaxida covers

On Sep 8, 8:25*am, nimbus wrote:
I have now Jaxida covers for my ASH26E. No problem of humidity inside
the engine bay because the doors are closely closed. I even think that
without covers, no humidity would enter the engine bay.

[snip]

Without covers I would suspect rain moves inside, through capillary
action around the outer door seals and through the central opening. Of
course measurements could make me think otherwise. With covers I would
hope the primary moisture stays out but still would worry about this
if the glider is in a high rain/moisture environment. As you know
moisture and corrosion can be a concern if the engine is not operated
frequently.

Darryl