Old June 16th 12, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default PowerFlarm Brick - Can it send GPS sentences to SN10B?

On Friday, June 15, 2012 10:56:21 PM UTC-7, WaltWX wrote:
Trying to install PF Sat 06/16/12 before flight testing Sunday.

PF sends NMEA sentences by default at 19200 on the DB9 serial connector. The SN10B manual says it must receive at 4800baud. Which device needs to be set? Is there a way to change to DB9 serial output on the PF (possibly through config file)? Or, will the SN10B "hear it" on the RX line at 19200?

Sent same message to Dave Nadler... yet, he may be too busy right now at the Nationals.

I'd prefer to drive the SN10B with the PF because then I can receive an IGC logger file from the SN10B. This provides a backup to my currently installed Volkslogger.

Walt Rogers, WX

Walt Rogers, WX

Walt:

(1) You need to enable PowerFLARM brick NMEA output on DB9 port.
See configuration documentation he
http://powerflarm.us/manuals-softwar...release-notes/
PowerFLARM baud rate defaults to 19200

(2) Set SN10 NMEA input speed to 19200 on "Options 1" page.
I know, manual doesn't yet show this option.

(3) In my Antares, I installed the 1090 antenna in instrument
pedestal (vertical orientation, away from as much metal stuff
as possible). Transponder signals are much more powerful
so this antenna is not so critical as FLARM antenna.

I think that covers all your questions,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"

PS: Sorry, I'm a bit behind on emails...