Old June 11th 19, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Nearest Location

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 8:10:15 PM UTC-4, Matt McBee wrote:
Yes, this is a problem. I live in Johnson City, TN, and the two closest places for me are 3 hours away.

I think Chilhowee Gliderport is the nearest location for you. The good news is that Sarah and Jason are outstanding instructors and great people as well. You couldn't get better training.

Maybe we can get a critical mass of people in the NE Tennessee area and start a new club.

Matt

I live very close to you. I live in Erwin TN. I would like there to be a NE TN club. I think that there are a lot of people wanting to glide but they either don't have enough money or time. I hope that gliding becomes more popular so that it is more accessible in the future.