Old February 24th 12, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Derek Mackie

Default US Rules Committee Policy on Permitting S/W for Tablets, PNAs,Smartphones etc.

QT - Here's an article in Canadian Free Flight from last year that
describes the entire WGC cheating fiasco in detail:
http://www.sac.ca/index.php?option=c...05& Itemid=88
Select 11-01 Winter.

My two cents: Leave the rule at "Thou Shalt Not Cloud Fly" and
publicly string up anyone who is caught. Let's find out where all
this marvellous technology can take us. I really don't want to trade
my turnpoint camera in for an Etch-A-Sketch.

Please let's not loose sight that we do this for FUN.

Derek