Old December 18th 03, 04:42 PM
BllFs6

Hi all

This thread reminds me of something I've been wondering about the past year or
2....

Okay, you have side by side seating...in which you either have a nice wide
cockpit and pay a substantial weight/aero penalty....or you have your shoulders
rubbing the canopy on one side and the passengers on the other....

Or, you can take inline seating....but now the passenger gets to stare at the
back of the pilots head and really cant help with watching guages (well they
can if you install 2 of everything....another penalty there) or flying or
digging up maps etc etc....

So, what about a mixture of the two?

Imagine side by side seats.....but you slide the passenger seat back roughly 2
feet.....if you do that and allow the passengers legs to be lower than the
level of the pilots hips....you can have a pretty narrow cabin that would still
allow a decent amount of elbow/hip/shoulder room .....and perhaps even allow
for the left (say) passengers leg to be under the pilots seat....

Anyone ever seen an arrangement like that?

Seems to me that it might be a more efficient and comfortable way to pack
people and stuff into a small cabin....

take care

Blll