Old April 24th 05, 03:57 AM
Jay Honeck

Yeah, I own a bunch of Delta woodworking power tools -- from back in
the days when they were made in the USA.

When I bought my Jet jointer, it was almost unbelievably expensive --
and a power planer was nearly unaffordable. Now, ALL are affordable,
and appear to be virtually identical to my tools -- with the exception
that they are now all made in China.

The amazing thing (to me) is that they can make something heavy like a
planer, ship it all the way around the world -- and STILL be less than
50% as expensive as their American counterparts. It's frightening in
a way.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA