Old August 31st 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Orval Fairbairn

Default Build an RV of ???

In article ,
"William Snow" wrote:

I am considering building an RV-7A. I currently own an Arrow. I would like
to have an airplane that will cruise at about 200, with a 200 Hp engine in
order to keep the fuel burn numbers within reason. Is the RV the way to go
or am I missing something??
Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated and probably heeded.

William L. Snow, PE
CP, IA, ASEL

Van probably has the best kits for the money in the business -- and --
he keeps improving them! You can build the quick build kit for some
extra dollars. I have looked at some of his QB kits and am impressed!
Most of the hard stuff is done -- no jigs required -- and -- the work is
first rate. Be sure to get in with your EAA Chapter, as it is invaluable.

We have something like 30 RVs of one kind or another here at Spruce
Creek -- most of them RV-8s.