Old August 31st 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

Default Build an RV of ???

(Added rec.aviation.homebuilt to newsgroups header.)
Newps wrote:
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:

"William Snow" wrote in message
. ..

I am considering building an RV-7A. I currently own an Arrow. I would
like to have an airplane that will cruise at about 200, with a 200 Hp
engine in order to keep the fuel burn numbers within reason. Is the
RV the way to go or am I missing something??
Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated and probably heeded.

William L. Snow, PE
CP, IA, ASEL

If your objective is to fly, find a used one for sale somewhere.

If you objective is to enjoy the process of building your own
airplane, then build one.

Your stated objectives are 200 mph, 200 hp - sounds to me like you
want to fly, not build.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

RV's are great if you don't need to carry anything other than a
toothbrush.

Even for the RV-10?

Unless the pilot and any passengers are morbidly obese, I'd think there
would be enough useful load to carry moderate amounts of luggage. While
I've been less than thrilled by the rather low useful loads of the other
RV's, they aren't that bad.