Old August 7th 19, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Colibri II *.hdr file software

I see this email on my reader:

On 8/7/2019 1:35 PM, Dan Daly wrote:
On Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 3:27:59 PM UTC-4, Dan Daly wrote:
On Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 1:00:06 PM UTC-4, M S wrote:
Thanks for the reply;

I should add that the igc file validates

At 13:34 07 August 2019, Dan Daly wrote:
SNIP
You might want to look at the Approval Document at
http://www.ukiws.demon.co.uk/GFAC/igc_approved_frs.pdf ; in particular,
para A5 talks about declarations.

I don't see a paragraph A5. Please let me know if this was the correct
link.
What version Colibri firmware do you have (you see it in .IGC file)
HFRFWFIRMWAREVERSION:1.9 - agree this is the latest
HFRHWHARDWAREVERSION:2.3
HFFTYFRTYPE:LXNAVIGATION,LX_Colibri_II

What version LXe software?
Tried the latest on the site: 3.5.0.1 May 18, 2009

Agree this is latest.

In trying to create the file, there isn't a "save" button, only a "send"
button, which responds, "No response from Instrument" That's no surprise
because the manual says an SD card is required.

What analysis software do you run (StrePla, SeeYou, other?)
See-You Version 3.95 (Build 2010-04-01) (I can read the C records as
described with a text editor) See-you displays what the file says.

Where in the world are you?
Southern Ontario, Canada

:-) Thanks!

Pilot and OO instruction file. Go to line 40 - LX Navigation Colibri II. Open link on right hand side and read it.

I downloaded LXe, inserted a waypoint .da4 file, and built a task. I don't have a Colibri, but at this point with the LX 7007, you'd power on the 7007 and then connect the Flight Recorder to the computer through a USB-Serial Converter. LXe then "sees" the FR, serial number, etc, and you push send.

Two ways to do it:
1. In the SeeYou edit pulldown there is an item "Send to SD". If you have your task highlighted, it should do send it to a connected SD card (I assume, formatted LX). Doesn't need to be connected to the Flight Recorder.
2. You can use the Connection Wizard, browse to your task, fill out the info, select upload declaration (not task), and send it to the connected LX device.

I include a .hdr file I sent to my LX7007 using method 1 before I got the SD card working. Note if you open it in a text editor it isn't clean. Probably the LX formatting.

I will send pics of each via e-mail. SeeYou 3.95 is getting pretty old; it may look different. I use 8.11, and that's a couple of years old. 10.1 was released in June...

Dan

I can't send the pics and .hdr file to you. Could you post a one-liner to the SAC FORUM and I can send via there. Or post your e-mail - all I see is .

--
Dan, 5J