Old August 7th 19, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martyn Johnson[_2_]

Default Colibri II *.hdr file software

At 12:59 07 August 2019, M S wrote:
Apparently there is a difference between setting a task and making
declaration in a Colibri II. I can import a task easily enough from
*.cup file, and modify it on the logger. It leads me around the task as

should, bleeps at the turnpoints, and directs me to the next one.

If however, I decide to take a few detours for fun, the C records appear

the IGC file at points that look like the OLC trace, and the task seems t
have been forgotten.

By the manual, it appears I need PC software to generate a declaratio
header *.hdr file to put on the SD card, where it can be loaded. US
connection to the logger is not supported, even though a USB

connector i
used for the power and data interface that converts TTL levels of

seria
communication to RS232.

I don't have any of the devices claimed to declare to these loggers, so
do need the PC software. The LX-NAvigation LXe software does not

generat
files that can be saved to an SD card, but I'm under the impression

that i
has done so in previous versions.

I can find NOTHING about the *.hdr software anywhere, and LX-

Navigation an
a North American dealer that still sell Colibri II's have not replied to

queries. I don't know anyone else that has a Colibri II.

Does anyone have this declaration header *.hdr software?

Thanks!

I have a Colibri II and run XCSoar on a Kobo; the GPS data goes Colibri
to Kobo; the declaration goes Kobo to Colibri. The cabling is homemade,
based on the specs available. It helps that the serial connection (wired
onto the motherboard) to the Kobo is TTL like the Colibri. The driver
used on XCSoar is LXNav.

Not sure if this helps, but at least it shows it works.