Old August 8th 19, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
M S

Default Colibri II *.hdr file software

At 19:27 07 August 2019, Dan Daly wrote:
SNIP for brevity

Pilot and OO instruction file. Go to line 40 - LX Navigation Colibri
II=
.. Open link on right hand side and read it.

I see... Unfortunately the information does not distinguish between a task
and a declaration. what it says sounds good, but that's not how it really
works. For those reading this, note that Dan has sent me a *.hdr
declaration file that loads into the Colbri II and erases any task.
Another task can then be loaded, but it remains to be seen if this adjusts
the declaration as the manual suggests. I can only find out how it really
works by testing it.

I downloaded LXe, inserted a waypoint .da4 file, and built a task. I

don't
=
have a Colibri, but at this point with the LX 7007, you'd power on the
7007=
and then connect the Flight Recorder to the computer through a

USB-Serial
=
Converter. LXe then "sees" the FR, serial number, etc, and you push send.

That would be nice, but doesen't work because an SD card interface is
required..... perhaps the TTL to RS232 and then another RS232 to USB
converter might get it through, but we'll try a few other things first.

Two ways to do it:
1. In the SeeYou edit pulldown there is an item "Send to SD". If you have
y=
our task highlighted, it should do send it to a connected SD card (I
assume=
, formatted LX). Doesn't need to be connected to the Flight Recorder.

Nope. Not a menu item as demonstrated by comaring the screen shots we have
sent PM

2. You can use the Connection Wizard, browse to your task, fill out the
inf=
o, select upload declaration (not task), and send it to the connected LX
de=
vice.

Nope. Because nothing is connected you can't browse to a task and
therefore can't upload it.

I include a .hdr file I sent to my LX7007 using method 1 before I got

the
S=
D card working. Note if you open it in a text editor it isn't clean.
Probab=
ly the LX formatting.

YES!!! I could load the *.hdr file! If I load your declaration, the
loaded task disappears. I can then load another task, which might change
the declaration if I read the manual correctly, but I can't find out until
flying and generating an IGC file. So, there are multiple iterations of
testing that can be done, so I'll report back in case there are people
interested.

I will send pics of each via e-mail. SeeYou 3.95 is getting pretty old;
it=
may look different. I use 8.11, and that's a couple of years old. 10.1
was=
released in June...

Dan

Thanks Dan!