Old November 2nd 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SRA Poll

On Nov 2, 6:56 am, "Ken Kochanski (KK)"
wrote:
On Nov 1, 6:42 pm, Mike the Strike wrote:

My answer to this survey question was that we didn't need further
handicap complication for sailplanes. There is already little enough
difference between the top ships for this to be significant.

What we really need is to handicap the pilots. The top guys
consistently finish a task at speeds 10% to 15% faster than I do.
Just like we do with racehorses (who carry extra weight), we should
add drag to the fast guys so we slower guys have a chance.

Mike

Yeah! ... and I think they should carry electronic beacons (electronic
leech leash) so we can follow them easier ... my eyes just aren't as
good as they once were ... (or maybe it's my cheap sunglasses).

KK

nah, all the good pilots should have to fly 1-26s or my cherokee, and
then i can fly their ASWG-37.5 monster super duper gliders. that'd be
perfect!