Old December 30th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default soaring into the future

On Dec 29, 8:42 pm, Marc Ramsey wrote:
toad wrote:
On Dec 28, 11:23 pm, Marc Ramsey wrote:
toad wrote:
One big problem with winch launching in the US is finding somewhere to
get trained. I have been looking for a place to get the training and
have found no place close enough to get the training and 2 locations
which I could travel to and get a concentrated training. Anybody
want to add any operations to that list ?
Where are you located?

Connecticut

Have you tried Mohawk Soaring?

http://mohawksoaring.org/

I'm not sure if they still have one, but they did fairly recently...

Marc

Mohawk's website mentions it, but I think it's seasonal rather than a
regular activity.

I've just added Finger Lakes SC. I believe they are using dacron, or
were. Need to check with them on the details. There's a picture of
their winch (former PGC winch) in the March 2007 newsletter but
nothing else I could find.

Frank