Old April 18th 21, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Default Silent sailplane auction at IVSM 2021

On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 8:11:51 PM UTC-7, KyleCharles wrote:
Today, I was on the Vintage Sailplane Association website for the first time in a few months. When checking the events page to make sure IVSM is still happening, I noticed something I have not seen before. Right in the middle of the paragraph about IVSM there is a sentence that reads:

Silent auction of rare vintage sailplanes.

Does anybody know what this is all about? Is this a normal part of IVSM? Are these privately owned ships, or is the National Soaring Museum selling off part of its collection?

https://www.vintagesailplane.org/events/

https://www.vintagesailplane.org/cla...ds/sailplanes/