Old February 12th 10, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Dohm

Default If all midair collisions were eliminated...

"Dan" wrote in message
Wayne Paul wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
writes:

... Snip ...
.

One advantage of simulation is that you can afford better avionics.
However,
only one of my small aircraft (the Baron) is equipped with TCAS, and the
very
same instrument (a Sandel ST3400) is available to anyone with a small
aircraft
who is prepared to pay for it (about $35,000 for the real-world version,
and
1000 times cheaper for the sim version).

... Snip ...

"... available to anyone with a small aircraft ..."????? I don't have the
budget to put one in my aircraft; however, if I did ..... How big would
the battery have to be to power a TCAS on a 6+ hour cross country flight
in an aircraft without an electrical system? The follow on question is
... What use is simulation if the simulator avionics aren't in the
aircraft you fly?

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://tinyurl.com/N990-6F

Trying to hold a logical conversation with mxmanic is futile. If you
want a giggle ask him to fly one of his simulations then try the real
thing. I assume no one would risk a real airplane on him so a real
simulator would suffice. Throw a few emergencies or weather problems at
him and watch what happens.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Just the thought made my day!
:-)))))