Old July 1st 05, 09:45 PM
Nathan Young

On 1 Jul 2005 13:37:32 -0700, "M" wrote:

Anyone worries about what the rising avgas price to the light plane
ownership in the U.S? I have absolutely no doubt that the average
avgas price will surpass $5/gallon in about 5 years. We'll probably
see a significant drop of GA flying, along with a big drop of the value
of used airplanes. It's really depressing just to think about it.

I see avgas for well over $3.00 at many airports, so $5.00 can't be
too far away. I agree 100% that this will have a negative affect on
aircraft pricing, particularly those with larger engine(s).