Old December 20th 03, 08:15 PM
Craig Prouse

"BTIZ" wrote:

Pilot registration???

Is this another case of States trying to take over Federal government?

The fees are used to fund SAR operations, and the state aeronautics
board sends out a nice quarterly newsletter. I'm not even based in
Oregon, but I fly up there a lot so I register and pay the fee just to
receive the newsletter.

and does that mean my Federal Pilot certificate is not valid in that state
if I don't pay their registration??

No. I don't think there is even any requirement to carry proof of
registration.

doubt it.. remind me not to move there...

It would probably be a net win for you actually, since you wouldn't have
to pay NV property tax on your airframe. Oregon is pretty
aviation-friendly relative to most states, except for the weather.