Old April 15th 05, 04:25 AM
Jay Honeck

Both times I was admitted to the ER with a collapsed lung, they made sure
they had my insurance information before I was treated.

Given your general attitude and treatment of others, I am not surprised.

As usual, you seem to be living in a different America than many of the
rest of us.

See above.

Tell that to the local homeless people my wife and I help feed on a weekly
basis. I'm sure they'd love to hear how they shouldn't have had to pay
their medical expenses after all.

You clearly have no concept of how the medical system in America works. If
you are indigent (which, by most definitions, includes "homeless people")
you pay NOTHING for health treatment in America.

In fact, in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin, you don't even have to be
indigent. The State will pay your medical bills 100% if you and/or
Medicare/Medicaid cannot pay them.

Of course, that means you and I pay those bills -- there is no free lunch,
after all -- but that's another topic.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA