Old May 18th 05, 06:50 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:%lIie.5035$z_.2660@attbi_s71...
For you avionics guys out there...what should it cost to have an avionics
shop install an audio input jack in my panel as an add-on to my
panel-mounted stereo intercom?

We have a Narco CP-136 audio panel, and a PS Engineering CD/Intercom.
I'm assuming the input jack has to "patch in" to the intercom somewhere.
(Frustratingly, a jack already exists for the back-seat passengers only.
It's a nice feature so that they can listen to their own music in back --
but we don't have the same option in the front seats.)

I would like to use this input jack to connect a portable XM radio
receiver or an Ipod-type device.

Thanks in advance!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

It costs next to nothing if you do it yourself and then have someone look at
it (or not). If you have the intercom that I think that you do: music input
(L) is pin 14 (and the barrel on the jack), (R) is pin T (and the tip of the
jack) and then ground the jack to wherever all the shields are grounded. I
think that I have the pins if you can tell me what length wire you want, I
will make you one.

Mike
MU-2