Old January 13th 05, 04:41 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Darrel Toepfer wrote:
jls wrote:
Looks like the engine has some hours on it. I usually find leaks
around the
crush washers on the rear case. I know of ONE O-300, just ONE, that
isn't
a big leaker. Somebody put it together fastidiously.

Replacing the 4 on the accessory case as well...

Would you happen to have the replacement part number for the oil filler
cap or its gasket? Found some leakage there too...

Around 3500 on the airframe, one overhaul on the engine...

One bolt on each of 2 cylinders is sweating oil...

Found several loose cylinder bolts...

Best. I love them damned old engines. They just keep right on going and
the bottom ends are wonderful. Watch out for them jugs, though.

Have 6 chromed ones...