Old August 16th 15, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default How do we inspire pilots to truly take up cross country soaring ?

I understand what you're saying.

Last week at Minden we took off early on a blue day in an ASH-30 mi. It
took us an hour and a half of scratching, gaining and losing, heading
out and retreating, before we finally were able to climb. After that,
things got better and we had a great day of soaring. Of course our
average speed was severely impacted by the 1.5 hours of zero mileage,
but we had a terrific time nonetheless.

I'm very fortunate to have a friend who owns such a super ship and loves
to fly as much as I do!

On 8/16/2015 9:43 AM, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 11:12:15 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Heck yes! Simply being in the air is a joy for me. If I can go XC,
all the better!

On 8/15/2015 10:29 AM, son_of_flubber
wrote:

snip

Do XC pilots ever recover the joy of flying on marginal days?

I know a few XC pilots like yourself that fly on marginal days.

But I'm talking about the XC pilots that don't race and who only fly on the rare strong XC day that coincides with their days off. If it came to that, I'd probably quit.

--
Dan Marotta