Old December 18th 15, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Looping a 152

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 19:55:09 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have a 150h and I haven't looped or rolled it but

Hey, Dudley, remember this from NW_Pilot Steven Rhine? (This message thread
seems to have scrubbed from Google.Groups.)

From
Wed Apr 27 08:48:36 2005
From: "NW_PILOT"
Newsgroups:
rec.aviation.aerobatics,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviat ion.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.stud ent
Subject: Rolling a Non Aerobat 150
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:48:36 -0700

This video was taken by my instructor with my digital cam so its poor
quality, It's my first unassissted roll
http://www.warflying.net/roll.avi

-------------------------------

From Wed Apr 27 16:25:59 2005
From: "NW_PILOT"
Newsgroups:
rec.aviation.aerobatics,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviat ion.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.stud ent
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:25:59 -0700

"houstondan" wrote in message
oups.com...
been a while since i drove a 152, are you starting that nose down to
get the speed up? if so, what's the speed for starting the manouver?

Yes nose down to 120 pitch up about 20 to 40 degrees to about 97 or what
ever your maneuvering speed is full deflection to the right or left right is
easier once you see the ground cut the power to idle roll ailerons netural
when right side up.

by the way...weren't you to have just just done a big x-c in that 150?
don't remember seeing a report on that.

I aborted that flight due to weather and took the money and got me an
instrument rating and upset recovery training.

personaloly, i think you can do anything in your airplane you want as
long as you don't drive it on the freeway next to me while talking on
the damn cellfone and changing lanes (g).

I Was talking to my A&P before I went and did it in my airplane today he
said as long as I keep the G's positive it should not hurt the airframe. My
gyros on the other hand is something else recommends me getting cagable
gyros if i want to be doing spins and rolls. Ohhh my bird rolls just fine.

dan