Old October 17th 17, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer

Default Is there a nose hook modification for a standard cirrus

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 01:17:26 -0700 (PDT), krasw
wrote:

Statistical data would be like "we have a group of Std.Cirrus gliders with nosehook and similar group with C/G hook, and we can say that this group exhibits XX accidents during tow per 100000 hrs, and other group YY accidents per 100000 hrs". Or something to that effect.

100% agree.

For 25 years my club has had two DG-300: One with nose hook and one
without. We had exactly one incidence where a DG-300 got the tow plane
out of control by pulling up its tail.

It was the one with the nose hook.