Old April 1st 18, 11:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Confusing SSA hand signals that should be changed

Le dimanche 1 avril 2018 11:07:50 UTC+2, Martin Gregorie a écritÂ*:
On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 18:34:32 -0700, Tango Eight wrote:

We have radios in all of our aircraft. We simply prefer not to clutter
the air waves, there is plenty of that already.

Thats never a problem at my club because, like all the bigger UK clubs,
we have our own frequency. Is this not usual in the USA?

Not criticising: just curious.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

If flying from a field with ATC, communication between glider and tug is typically done on a separate frequency. Once the slack has been taking up and everybody is ready to go, both switch to ATC (but the glider only listens)..