Old October 4th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Le Chaud Lapin

Default Why Airplanes Fly - Voids Above A Planar Sheet

On Oct 4, 4:46 pm, "Gatt" wrote:
What you should imagine are pilots who risk their lives countless times
between wings that are proven to work being told to do experiments by
somebody who challenges proven technology and expects everybody to do
experiments just to indulge your accusation that basically everything they
know about aerodynamics is wrong.

Not true. I do not recall any "accusation that basically everything
they know about aerodynamics is wrong." I wrote that there are some
things in the Jeppensen book that are just plain wrong, as is the
explanation of action/reaction with regard to downwash.

It's sort of like an IT guy telling Marines how to fight a war. Probably
not going to get you invited to the NCO's club.

What has IT got to do with a war? My writings were very specific,
involving aerodynamics.

Don't take it personally. It just is. If you were the first person to come
in here and do it they'd probably go easier, but, alas, you're not.

Things would go a lot easier if people would focus on the physics and
ease up on the ad hominem attacks.

If you have questions about aerodynamic science, perhaps you should first
ask those who use it on a regular basis rather than coming in an suggesting
their understanding of their area of expertise is deficient. Or AT least let
people know you're a pilot, builder or aerodynamics professional.

I did. The answer was "yes, the book is right, and you are wrong."

-Le Chaud Lapin-